Terms & Conditions
- By ordering oil from Imperial Oil Co. customer expressly agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Customer understands and agrees that Imperial Oil Co. would not sell or deliver any oil without the customer’s express agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions as contained herein.
- Company shall not be liable for failure to perform any obligations under any agreement where such failure may be due to causes reasonably beyond our control, (e.g., storms, floods, lightning, or earthquakes), fires, explosions, wars, civil unrest, labor disputes, transportation breakdowns, harbor closings, governmental restrictions (e.g., allocations, priorities or price controls) or any other such cause. Company’s ability to supply petroleum product is further dependent on their continued availability from our usual and anticipated supply sources. In the event such products are not readily available in sufficient quantities to meet our total commitment, we shall have the right to allocate in a fair and reasonable manner. No such occurrence shall relieve buyer of this obligation to pay in full for product actually delivered.
- Customer is responsible for providing clear access, free of any obstruction, including but not limited to an obstruction due to snow and ice, to fill pipe. The Company is not obligated or required to make any delivery if, in its sole discretion, access to the fill pipe is obstructed or unsafe. Additionally, Company is not liable for any failure of the fuel containment system once fuel has entered the containment system, or is out of view from the delivery driver.
- The term “Business Day” shall mean Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- The term “Order Date” shall mean the Business Day on which the order is placed (this DOES NOT include weekends or holidays). Orders placed after 4:00 p.m. will have an “Order Date” of the following Business Day. Any Order placed after 4:00 p.m. on Friday will have an Order Date of the following Monday (excluding holidays).
- Company does not guarantee delivery will be made within time frame on order. Customer should schedule delivery with enough reserve fuel to prevent running out of fuel prior to delivery. Customer will be refunded any “Delivery Fees” if Company fails to deliver within defined window from “Order Date”. Customer should be aware that deliveries could be delayed and/or canceled due to unsafe driving conditions such as winter storms, mechanical breakdowns, illness, or any other uncontrollable event or circumstance.
- Company shall not be responsible for any damage or injury, including but not limited to frozen pipes, damage to heating system, or any personal bodily injury, due to customer running out of fuel prior to delivery. Company is not responsible for any damage and/or bodily injury should delivery not be made for any reason (including but not limited to weather, mechanical breakdowns, illness, etc.).
- In the event of missed delivery, customer must notify Imperial Oil Co. via email within four (4) hours after the last Business Day quoted on your order. Business Day is Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 pm. (Deliveries may actually be made outside of these hours when necessary to complete delivery routes in an orderly fashion.)
- Imperial Oil Co. may refuse to deliver oil to any Customer, in their absolute discretion, for any reasoning, including unpaid balances, unsafe heating system set up, or any unsafe conditions.