Energy Conservation Tips
Want to conserve energy use in your home AND save on costs?
Simply look over the helpful tips and information below on how to limit energy use and spending.
- Unplug power cords when not in use, including power strips and phone chargers. Even when appliances are not turned on, electricity is still transferred and energy is used.
- Install a programmable thermostat; there are many options to choose from and they are easy to install.
- When a light bulb burns out, replace it with a compact fluorescent bulb. These are generally brighter and can last up to 10 times longer.
- When purchasing a new appliance, ensure it has an Energy Star label. It may be a bit more expensive on the front end, but it will surely save you money in the long run.
- During the day, open shades or blinds to let the sunshine in and close them at night to improve comfort and reduce heating costs.
Annual Heating System Maintenance
Gain the benefit of using less fuel while enjoying better comfort and reliability. Imperial’s annual tune-up is for all types of heating equipment and fuel types and will help ensure your system is running at peak efficiency. Our tune-up can help you save up to 10% per year on fuel expenditures! When your system is tuned and maintained properly, it is an investment in equipment longevity. Your heating system is the most important appliance in your home, and one of the most costly to replace. You can keep it running reliably, efficiently, and safely with an expert tune-up from one of our licensed technicians.